We sat in the cold dark for the last three days with the anticipation of getting our lights back on.
It was slightly rough, for I didnt get to shower and my hygiene was not its greatest.
My closest friend could only talk of his electronic devices and how deprived he was of them.
This made me laugh thinking. "What silliness." Its sad this world has come to a point that thats all we can depend on.
Indeed I have been growing up in this technological period, but I dont feel as though I couldnt go on if I didnt have the advances of checking my laptop every five minutes.
So instead I finished a great book and started another. I ate a cold sandwhich and toasted my feet next to the small propane heater, all in good company of my lover Charlie (a chocolate lab).
I wouldnt say that I particulary enjoyed the power being gone in the horrid weather, but it was a good experience.
Now that I think about it more, I did enjoy it.
I spent time with a friend and my grandparents I often dont see.
Today I went to a mall about an hour north of where I live and got some christmas shopping done.
I love recieving a whopping $60 for wrapping presents. GOOD DEAL GOOD DEAL.
Now Ill sit in the warmth and my laptop and shower (thank god) are up and running.
I have no school again since thursday due to this wonderful Ice Storm.
Ahh sometimes I wish theres more days like these.
I really do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment